Happy New Year!
They say focus on the positive and make your goals public, so that’s exactly what I’m going to do here!
Dallas DBAs had a great 2018, by every measurable category. No formal goals were laid out, other than “don’t close the doors” and “help people”.
- 7 new clients added – mix of short-term and long-term
- 1 customer carried from 2017 into the year and 3 extensions signed for 2019
- 21K views/115K minutes watched on our YouTube channel
- 26,415 page views on DallasDBAs.com
- 1 new employee added (part-time Junior DBA)
- 2 new contractors working on skills not in house (Power BI and SQL Dev)
- 3 other sub-contractor agreements signed
- 1 SQL Saturday sponsored (Dallas, May) with a booth (many others at the “personal” level)
- 2 Pre-conference sessions and 2 regular session presentations given at SQL Saturdays (Cincy and Dallas)
- 3 scripts updated or added to the Microsoft Technet Gallery
- 2 Databases rescued from corruption issues (Thanks Red-Gate!)
- 6 free HealthChecks
- At least $12 in net profit
The goals for 2019:
- 6 new long-term part time DBA support clients
- Add one Senior SQL Server DBA to staff
- Add one apprentice to this DBA
- Add one new Oracle DBA to the team
- Sponsor 2 SQL Saturdays with a booth (Dallas and Cincy)
- Deliver “DBA Fundamentals” training for free once per quarter (Cincy, Dallas(?), Q3/Q4 TBA)
- 30K views/180K minutes on YouTube channel
- 6 new videos – Accidental DBA target audience
- 40K Hits on DallasDBAs.com
- At least $13 net profit
- 12 Free HealthChecks, bare minimum once a month
The things we put in place this year have worked well, so I may be fudging the number too conservatively for 2019. Check back next year…we may actually hit $14 net profit!
Thanks for reading!