The Pocket DBA™ is a retainer service designed to give you peace of mind.
In the event of a SQL Server emergency, if your current team is unreachable we will be available for you.
All contracts, NDAs, VPNs and Logins will already be signed, tested and in place so we can get right to work helping you get back to business.
As a Pocket DBA™ customer, you get the following benefits, in addition to the peace of mind that comes with knowing we are there to back-stop your team:
$1500/month $1250/month until April 30:
- 1 Emergency support incident (1 authorized caller)
- 1 Server check per week
- 1 call in meeting/month (non-emergency)
- Annual HealthCheck of 5 servers
- Emails – 2 business days response time
$2000/month $1500/month until April 30:
- 2 Emergency Support incidents (1 authorized caller)
- 2 Server checks per week
- 2 call in meetings/month (non-emergency)
- Annual HealthCheck of 10 servers
- Emails – 1 business day response time
$3000/month $2250/month until April 30:
- 3 Emergency Support Incidents (2 authorized callers)
- 5 Server checks per week
- 4 call in meetings/month
- Semi-Annual HealthCheck of 10 servers
- Emails – 4 hours during business day, 12 hours off hours/weekends
- Emergency Support Incident – Production server down, or performance severely degraded. Backup failures are not an emergency. Non-Production servers are not an emergency in most situations.
- Unused Incidents roll over to the next month only. Max of 2 months available at any given time. (2, 4, 6 for Essentials, Standard, Enterprise)
- Emails – If you have general questions, email us. We reserve the right to declare something an add-on service (see below)
- Server Check – we log into the VPN, run a few scripts against your prod server list and log out. This helps us verify servers are up and that the login/password are current in the event of an emergency. You will need to provide a list of Production servers, and update as changes to your environment happen. If the checks reveal anything, we will email that to you.
- Call-in meetings – we can join team meetings, vendor presentations, etc. up to 1 hour each.
- HealthCheck – script based analysis and recommendations for the server(s) you choose. Does not include implementation of recommended fixes.
- Authorized Callers – Emergency communications need to funnel through your proper channels before using the allotted incidents. You get to designate who can use these incidents.
- Additional Emergency incidents above plan – Discounted off our list price, 1 hour minimum.
- Normal price is $250/hr, 2 hour minimum.
- DBA sick/vacation coverage – Discounted from our normal contract rate.
- Discounted hourly rates for Upgrades, Migrations and other short-term needs
Currently Supported Platforms:
SQL Server 2008-2019, all Editions
- Azure VM (Azure SQLDB and Managed Instance support not available currently)
- AWS VM
- 6 or 12-month, monthly billing cycle, paid monthly in advance.
- 60-day termination notice required.
- Can be changed to a higher or lower plan as necessary after initial 3 months.
How to sign up:
If you need a more dedicated plan, please visit our Services page for other ways we can help you.