I will be teaching an all day (9-5) class on SQL Server Database Administration fundamentals at the Microsoft building in Irving/Las Colinas on September 15, 2017.
Update: This is now a free class. There will be a donation bucket, with 100% going to the Red Cross.
The target audience for this is System admins, Developers, Tier 1 support staff, IT managers…anyone that has to deal with SQL Server on a regular basis and finds themselves Googling everything.
Register (REQUIRED) on EventBrite to learn the following topics (subject to change due to time, class flow):
• What makes up a SQL Server
• How a database is structured
• How to install and what to look out for
• Finding what you need in Management Studio
• SQL Security Basics
• How to create and manage backups
• How to create a database, 3 different ways
• Basic performance troubleshooting
• Picking a Disaster Recovery option for your environment
Please see the FAQ section of the registration page, and feel free to contact me for anything not covered there.
Leave a Reply