A SQL Server HealthCheck is something that should be done at least once a year on every production server.
More often on busy systems as workloads increase or change.
Dallas DBAs’ HealthCheck process is easy on you…we do all the heavy lifting:
- We send you a link to download our HealthCheck tool
- You run it from your laptop, pointing to any SQL Server instance (on-premises, VM, Cloud VM, 2008 or newer).
- You send us the .zip file that gets created in the Output directory
- We analyze the results
- We get on a call with you and go over our recommendations
- We offer to fix them for you, but this is a no obligation process. You can take our findings and fix them on your own if you like.
Our HealthCheck runs a bunch of queries to gather information about:
- Instance settings
- Database settings
- Wait stats
- Query performance and warnings
- Disk performance
- PerfMon stats
- SQL Agent Jobs
- File layout, TempDB configuration, VLF counts…
- Backup status
- Corruption info