Notice: We are currently not accepting new clients, but will happily refer you to a trusted firm that is.
We offer the following services:
Consulting Coaching– We will come in and evaluate where you stand, where you want to go, and what it will take to get you there. We will evaluate your players (DBAs) and give them training plans to improve. This can be for one specific issue (like a defensive coach) or an overall look at the whole team (head coach). You are still the team owner and general manager. We promise to NOT use sports analogies for everything.
- Daily – $1750/day
- Weekly – $7500/wk, 2 weeks typical max.
- You pay actual travel if not within 50 miles of North Dallas.
Contracting – making it happen. This can be an extension of the coaching above, or we can fill a seat left vacant for whatever reason. Generally 3 – 6 months.
- We quote this at $150-200/hr, but this can be negotiated based on what you need and the required experience level. Senior DBAs are not cheap, but Juniors take longer to get things done.
- Emergency “My server is down at 3am and its costing me $$$$” – $250/hr, 2 hour minimum – remote. Have an account or web session ready to go before you call, and a clear description of the problem. Preferably with actual error messages handy.
Remote DBA – We can set up a maintenance agreement to remotely check in on your servers and perform routine maintenance/problem resolution. ‘X’ hours per week + overages is the normal arrangement.
- Negotiable similar to above, but remote workers tend to charge a bit less to not have to leave their home IT cave.
Training – We teach basics classes to non-DBAs. If you don’t have a DBA and your Developers or Network guys are filling in we can help. These are done onsite, class limit of 4 is ideal. Highly interactive with lots of hands on. Not all topics are available.
- “It depends” – lets talk about what you need. Pre-written webinar is significantly cheaper than custom on-site.
Candidate Screening – We will pre-screen your SQL Server DBA candidates for you if you don’t have an experienced person to do this. SQL Server DBA and Architect only, not development, SSRS or DW/BI. It takes about 45-60 minutes and we will send you a scorecard (1-5) and comments on the top 5 topics your client actually requires. We typically do these in the evening, so that the candidate is relaxed and not hiding from her boss or peers.
- $100 for one, less for multiples. Please don’t ask me to screen 20 candidates.